Monday, March 4, 2013

Node

I came across this series of Nepalese made carpets on Duduá just now.
(I don't know if I ever shared these photographs of a visit to my old studio from Alicia, the owner of  Duduá)

A bit about Node

and taken from how we make our carpets :

"We produce our carpets entirely by hand using age old and natural Tibetan carpet making techniques. All our carpets are made from bales of pure Tibetan wool. It is hand spun into thread, hand dyed with natural and non-polluting dyes, and then hand-knotted on our looms into carpet. We worked with Satyendra and the design team and found a way to convert our digital designs into carpets on the loom using graphs."

Some pics of carpets and the process of creation available at the Design Museum Shop.
(the first one by Jon Klassen is my favorite)











(All photographs via Node and the Design Museum Shop)


Posted By: Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment